Hi,

it seems like since I've upgraded to GTK 2.4 I can't manage to load X
fonts any more. Actually, I can load them but then I get

Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkdrawable-x11.c: line 798 (gdk_x11_draw_glyphs):
assertion `PANGO_XFT_IS_FONT (font)' failed

when rendering. I've tried both

	pango_x_load_font

and

	pango_font_map_load_font

but the outcome is the same.

I know I know, I should just _not_ try to load fonts myself ;-) Am
taking the fact that those API do actually exist as a justification for
my inquiry.

Is there any piece of up-to-date code where this blasfemy is still done
so that I could take that as an example?

Thanks in advance,
--luca

P.S> the search engine for the mailing list archives (including this
list) on www.gtk.org seems to be broken, is anyone aware of that? Should
I report that to anybody?