Indic languages with pango!!

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an text editor which can handle indic languages properly. I want to see some text written in "hindi" using windows notepad or msword. As i am not finding any good editor which can display properly the indian languages on linux. I hope there is one named "pango". If this displays hindi properly then ,can someone let me know which files i should download for my system. The version of pango which has the support for indic languages using opentype fonts.
I am using RedHat 8.0.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,

Anish MEHTA