Re: Pango 1.0.1 Compilation failure - pangxft-font.c

Keith Hopper <kh waikato ac nz> writes:

> Greetings,
>      I append a log file from an attempted pango compilation showing
> apparent syntax, etc errors in pangoxft-font.c compilation.  I am using
> Slackware linux - kernel 2.2.19 - gcc 2.95.3.
>
>      I am not a C programmer - so am stuck - any help anyone?!?

The problem is that Slackware has broken freetype headers. It has the
freetype1 headers in

 /usr/X11R6/include/freetype

and the freetype2 headers in

 /usr/include/freetype2/freetype

or something like that, so that an include like "freetype/freetype.h"
is ambiguous. (The freetype1 headers should be in include/freetype1/freetype)

Removing the freetype1 headers from your system is probably the
easiest way to fix this.