Re: Industry Thai Cell-Clustering Rules

Hi K.Theppitak,

I agree with the modification.
Let's test it and make sure it works.
I''m testing it on Solaris and will be trying to play-around on other platform.
Not quite sure which platform you are using.

Chookij V.

] Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:27:10 +0700
] From: Theppitak Karoonboonayanan <thep links nectec or th>
] Subject: Re: Industry Thai Cell-Clustering Rules
] To: Chookij Vanatham <chookij vanatham eng sun com>
] Cc: gtk-i18n-list gnome org
]
] On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 05:44:03PM -0800, Chookij Vanatham wrote:
] >
] > Hi K.Theppitak,
] >
] > ] From: Theppitak Karoonboonayanan <thep links nectec or th>
] > ]
] >
] > Here is the cluster case for SaraAm.
] >
] > (1) Cons + SaraAm
] > (2) Cons + Tone + SaraAm
] >
] > ]
] > ] Moreover, the consistence between the cell counting and the physical
] > ] appearance is quite important in some matrix-based display, like those in
] > ] web browser's <TEXTAREA> and in terminal emulators.
] >
] > Not quite sure what you are trying to say, please let me know more detail.
]
] I meaned to say the meanings of "cell" and "cluster" are not the same.
] The "cell" is actually used in allcating space for display, while "cluster"
] is sometimes wider than a "cell", in the case of SaraAm.
]
] So, I thought the clustering routine you provided should have been
] "cell" division, so that it can be useful elsewhere as well.
]
] However, I've changed my mind. After finding other solutions, I found
] yours is simplest.
]
] > ] I think the twisting of the cell meaning comes from the need to render
] > ] SARA AM in two cells. So, how about letting two consecutive cells combine
] > ] in shaping stage?
] >
] > Please take a look at the change I made in thai.c as attached and, let me
] > know if the change I did is what you meant.
]
] Not quite. But I take your method at last.
]
] And I have added the map for MacIntosh extension to it. Please see the
] attached files for the modification and the patch.
]
] (Note the change in the _ChrTypeTbl[] for LOR CHULA.)
]
] > ] If you agree, I will design the shaping mechanism based on this concept.
] >
] > I agree and, please let me know any comment or feel free to modify any
] > change I attached.
]
] Please comment my modification so.
]