EggRegex

Hi,
GtkSourceView 2 will have a new syntax highlighting engine that will require a more powerful and fast regular expression library. This is why I worked on EggRegex (a wrapper library around PCRE) to correct bugs and to add new features.

My version of EggRegex is at http://techn.ocracy.org/eggregex/ and a copy of the documentation is at http://www.barisione.org/eggregex/

EggRegex was originally written by Scott Wimer to be included in glib, renaming it to GRegex. However including it in glib would mean adding a dependency to libpcre or linking it statically increasing the size of glib (a stripped libeggregex is 144 KB on my computer).

So my question is: what should be the future of EggRegex?
If it will not be included in glib what do you think about having a separate libgregex? If it will be a separate library can I use the name GRegex or should I choose another name without using the G namespace?

--
Marco Barisione
http://www.barisione.org/