GObject notify queue

Hi all.
This could be a newbie question.
I am seeking explanation about the notify queue - Why was it designed as a queue, and the same way events work (i.e. - triggered upon action, not sometime later).
I am asking this because I am trying to create some widget that has an action based on a notify event, that can occur in several cases, and need to be handled separately on each case.
Please help me figure it out (or if you already done something like this, I would appreciate some directions).
Itai.