Re: GtkStatusIcon: "Activate" on single click vs. double click

2005/10/21, milosz derezynski <internalerror gmail com>:
> My argumentation for single click is:
>
> Since the tray icons can't be "selected", like e.g. items in Nautilus, which
> works trough a single click, while double clicking (in Nautilus) activates
> the item, i don't really see a point for double click, i find it
> contra-intuitive.

My nautilus does not select on click, it activates :)

The arguments you make I agree on, and shall add that single-clicking
on any of the things in my panel currently activates them (where
approperiate). So at least in Gnome context it's already a moot point
as everybody is doing it.

P.S. Double-clicking is a bad choice for primary action in any form,
as there is nothing to hint that behaviour (unless you count previous
experience the user may or may not have as one).

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi