Re: Usage of GTK+ headers

Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> 2005/10/12, Dan Winship <danw novell com>:
>
>>Kalle Vahlman wrote:
>>
>>>Is there any reason to do otherwise?
>>
>>Evolution switched from using the main headers to using specific headers
>>a few years ago to speed up the compile time (substantially). I think
>>some other apps do this as well.
>
> I meant things that matter.
>
> (compile time is not a signifcant metric for software quality in my book)

What do you mean?

By including only the headers you need can substantially affect the time
you spend waiting for compilation, especially in a large application
such as Evolution.

That time can of course be used to improve you application so, in a way
it can effect the quality of a code but not necessary.

So I would say that's a good reason for not doing it.

Cheers,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/