Re: big treeviews on win32

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Allin Cottrell writes:
> On win32 (same machine, same source code) I can't scroll beyond row
> 1800 or so, and the scrolling behavior is strange/unstable.
> Sometimes I'll get a big blank area; sometimes the scrolling stops
> at row 800 or so.

> Is this a known issue?

Could be, this might be the same "big window" issue recently brought
up in another message to me, which I replied to in
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2005-February/msg00040.html:

Ah, OK, thanks for the reference.

 This is a "forgetting Win9x would make things much easier"
 situation...

But actually I'm seeing this meltdown of the treeview on a current XP ("Professional") system. I've not been able to get beyond row 1900 or so. I don't know if there's any dependency on the number of columns.

Allin Cottrell