Re: gtk+-2.6.1 on windows when?

Daniel K. O. writes:
 > Package 'gmodule-no-export-2.0', required by 'GdkPixbuf', not found

Oops, gmodule-no-export-2.0.pc was missing from the dev zipfile. Fixed
now.

 > There's no "gmodule-no-export-2.0.pc" in the zip files. Should I edit
 > "gdk-pixbuf-2.0.pc" to remove the dependence?

Yeah, just edit out the "-no-export" part.

 > I'm using Win98 SE.

That is the problem ;-)

pango_win32_render_transformed() probably should be fixed not to call
SetGraphicsMode(GM_ADVANCED), GetWorldTransform() and
SetWorldTransform() (which aren't implemented on Win9x) unless
necessary.

Only if the passed-in matrix actually is different from the identity
matrix should pango_win32_render_transformed() call the above
functions.

Actually, for suitably restricted transforms, it could do without
SetWorldTransform() and just use SetMapMode(MM_ANISOTROPIC),
ScaleViewportExtEx() and SetViewportOrgEx(), which *are* implemented
on Win9x.

Hmm, I think there is a bugzilla item already for this enhancement?
At least, it has been mentioned on this list earlier.

--tml