Re: 2.4 meeting summary (2004-02-23)

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 11:13, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 00:37, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > Over the last week, http://www.gtk.org/plan/2.4/willfix.html has pretty
> > much been finished.
>
> This is great, but it would be even more useful if API-changing bugs
> were marked.

Well, after Monday, nothing will be API-changing.

> > After some discussion, what was agreed upon was that after 2.4.0
> > we'd start spreading the release load by having people volunteer
> > for individual release. (If we keep the regular meetings going,
> > that's probably a good place to have the volunteering go on.)
>
> Great. Does this include making releases on scheduled GNOME tarballs-due
> dates?

I don't see why that particularly makes sense. If we released a week
before, and the current release is working well for people, there
is no point in doing another release.

If there is a particular problematical bug fixed in CVS and not in a
tarball, let us know, of course, and we can try to make sure there is a
release withe fix in it. Hopefully, though we have releases frequently
enough that that isn't issue, however.