Re: GQueue API additions

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

> >   - Both the API and the g_list_nth() thing that you mention in the
> >     bug have been discussed on gtk-devel
>
> to what extend? i pointed out actual technical deficiencies there,
> you can hardly define those away by means of a discussion.

I assume you want g_queue_peek_nth_link() defined in terms of
g_list_nth(). Doing it the way it I did it was suggested by Owen at
the end of

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-October/msg00008.html

The idea is that accesses near the end of the queue should be
O(1). This can be done for queues because we have access to the
length. We don't have that for lists.

Btw. the discussion starts in

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2003-September/msg00240.html

and continues in