Building GTK, Pango without Freetype or Xft

If I wish to install GTK+ libraries with only the pango X backend, what are
the configure options I should use?

Are they disable-xft and disable-ft2? Any web page, documentation where all
available flags are given?

Also, what is the kind of functionality I stand to lose if I build my
application without the above. Is the difference only in terms of, how
sophisticated is the font rendering or also that certain input modules might
not have pango-x support?

Please clarify?

-vc