Re: Smart empty submenus

Am Di, 2003-09-30 um 23.26 schrieb Owen Taylor:
> Is reusing is_important for this really a good idea? I don't see why
> it's the same thing at all; reusing it because it is otherwise unused
> for menu items with submenus seems a bit dubious.

My reasoning was roughly that the the only reason why you would want
users to see a menu even if it is empty was that the menu is kind of
"important". Thus reusing the "is_important" property seemed not too
illogical. But I don't have a problem to add a separate flag. What would
you prefer: hide_if_empty, show_always,...

Matthias