Re: drawing_area oddity on win32

Allin Cottrell writes:
 > On Linux, and on win98, it works as expected.  But on XP
 > Professional, the dragged window leaves a "trail" over the drawing
 > area.  The trail disappears when the drag stops, but it's a bit
 > disconcerting.

Odd that it works differently in Win98 and XP. (But then, the Windows
graphics engine implementation is completely different (16-bit) in
Win9x and in NT-based Windows, so maybe not so odd after all.)

Anyway, there is a patch in the queue waiting to be tested out and
applied that I think is supposed to handle this problem.

--tml