Re: status icon AP

Please...
! GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new                 (gchar *name);
! GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new_from_pixbuf     (gchar *name,
!							     GdkPixbuf		*pixbuf);

! GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new_from_file       (const gchar *icon_name,
!                                                            const gchar        *filename);

> GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new_from_stock      (const gchar        *stock_id);

! GtkStatusIcon        *gtk_status_icon_new_from_animation  (const gchar      *icon_name,
!                                                            GdkPixbufAnimation *animation);

> void                  gtk_status_icon_set_from_pixbuf     (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon,
> 							   GdkPixbuf          *pixbuf);
> void                  gtk_status_icon_set_from_file       (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon,
> 							   const gchar        *filename);
> void                  gtk_status_icon_set_from_stock      (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon,
> 							   const gchar        *stock_id);
> void                  gtk_status_icon_set_from_animation  (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon,
> 							   GdkPixbufAnimation *animation);
>
> GtkImageType          gtk_status_icon_get_image_type      (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon);
>
> GdkPixbuf            *gtk_status_icon_get_pixbuf          (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon);
> G_CONST_RETURN gchar *gtk_status_icon_get_stock           (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon);
> GdkPixbufAnimation   *gtk_status_icon_get_animation       (GtkStatusIcon      *status_icon);

(etc,. the rest of the API is fine).

This would really help with accessibility; it'd be even better to allow
the accessible-description property to be set as well, i.e.

GtkStatusIcon *gtk_status_icon_new (const gchar *name, const gchar
                                   *description);

This is important for icons since they often don't have any textual
content otherwise, and thus are totally opaque to blind users and
assisitive technologies.  The alternative is the laborious:

icon = gtk_status_icon_new_from_foo (foo);
atk_object = gtk_widget_get_accessible (GTK_WIDGET (icon));
atk_object_set_name (atk_object, "foo thingy");
atk_object_set_description (atk_object, "click on this for an easter
egg");

regards,

- Bill

P.S. - I know it means typing two more strings per icon, but since we
want _all_ applications to be accessible, the alternative (above) is
even worse.