Re: Rendering with xft and hinting

Am Son, 2002-03-17 um 20.22 schrieb Keith Packard:

> Note that turning on the LCD improvements makes both of these problems less
> severe -- taking advantage of the known geometry of the subpixels
> effectively doubles the available horizontal resolution.

I never managed to get subpixel AA running on my PowerBook. I tried to
follow some explainations on the web but couldn't spot any difference.
Also how do I figure out the layout of the subpixels? Googling didn't
help finding an answer; I wish this feature was better documented... :/

--
Servus,
       Daniel