Re: Focusing

At 05 Oct 2000 16:32:54 -0400,
otaylor redhat com wrote:

> 5) Hitting the down arrow key within a hbox moves right,
> and so forth. This is quite confusing to users. Moving
> down from an hbox should move off the end of the hbox
> and to the next widget downwards in the parent container.
> Fixing this basically means revising the default container
> focus implementation to remove the wrapping around when
> you get to one side of the container.

i dont' know Gtk+ already do this or not but i just got curious
reading this paragraph.

does Gtk+ allows users to customize focus direction when tab is
pressed?  I mean, when you are using Gtk+ app under some locale, which
language writes right to left, shouldn't the focus on hbox move from
right to left?

I don't speak thouse languages and never used Gtk+ apps under those
locale, so i might be way off.

regards,
--
           yashi