Re: External event loop for glib?

> As Danny has pointed out it would be nice to provide functions that give
> enough information to start the run phase of gtk+ at appropriate times
> (descriptors and timers). This probably isn't particulary difficult and
> would solve some problems - at least for me.

This would be very welcome. My current solution is to call
g_main_iteration(0) once every 1/50:th second. It doesn't use any
noticeable amount of CPU (less than 0.001% on a dual PII350), but it's
rather UGLY, really.

A simple
int msecs = g_next_timeout();

or

struct timeval next_timeout = g_next_timeout() would be rather
welcome.:-)

Actually, there is also the problem with idle timers (If there are any
in the GTK internals, I have no idea).

--
Per Hedbor                                              http://per.hedbor.org/