Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga 2.00 released!

Le lundi 13 mars 2006 à 10:11 +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV a écrit :
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > See http://www.ekiga.org.
> >
> > Thanks to all for your support!!!!
> Congratulations!
>
> Now that we have a release, I feel it is time to start building "packages" for Gentoo.
> ("packages", because the ebuild used in Gentoo is just an automated compile script)
>
> But, do you have a stable scheme for the download URIs this time?
>
> Because
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/admin/downloads/latest/sources/sources/ekiga-2.0.0.tar.gz
> may sound great now, but how will it look after a month or so when it is not latest?

Use 2.00 instead of latest, it is just a symlink.

> And the "admin" part is a bit unusual too.
>
> "sources/sources/" is OK too, as long as it doesn't change.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> What is a permanent URI scheme for fetching the sources?

http://www.ekiga.org/admin/downloads/2.00/sources/sources/ekiga-2.0.0.tar.gz

If you are redirected to www.gnomemeeting.org, it is because your DNS
still has the old IP address for ekiga.org in its cache.

> Something like, ekiga-2.0.0 goes with opal-2.0.0 and pwlib-1.10.0 and they are available
> at least N months after the release at:
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/sources/ekiga/ekiga-2.0.0.tar.gz
> http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/sources/pwlib/ekiga-1.10.0.tar.gz
> (the above is just an example)

They will be available forever at those addresses:
http://www.ekiga.org/admin/downloads/2.00/sources/sources/pwlib-1.10.0.tar.gz
http://www.ekiga.org/admin/downloads/2.00/sources/sources/opal-2.2.0.tar.gz

> Having "the latest", stable, daily-snapshot, etc. sources is always a plus, but not
> the main part.
>
> How much do you think can N above be (the longer the better)?

Forever, old sources of GnomeMeeting 0.9 are still available ;)

> Having PHP all around the site might be cool, but direct links are always preferable
> (like it seems to be now).
> Allowing directory listings from some level (say http://www.gnomemeeting.org/downloads/sources
> and below) will be generally a good thing
> (now anything apart from the direct links is 401).
>

> I guess nobody will object consistency and other distribution maintainers will like it for sure.
>
> Kalin.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net