Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] menu item for debug and recording calls

Morris Beverly a écrit :
1. Given the somewhat amazing bandwidth on the list for how to debug audio and video issues, would it make sense to have a menu item that helps in getting the required info? Many people using linux now are not true gear heads and a lot of time is spent explaining just how to get the required debug output, not to mention actually correcting the problem.

There already are the tests in the druid... they allow to know if the setup is correct. Making it correct is certainly not gnomemeeting or gnomemeeting's developpers' job...

I'm not sure how this would look in real life, but it might help considering just how many things can go wrong on certain setups. To be honest, even having worked with linux for several years and using GM on several different machines currently, I'm still lost sometimes as to how to get this info.

This is highly distribution-dependant, and the reason why testing if things work and saying "No, something is broken" should be enough.

2. I know that we aren't able to record calls currently, but I believe it's planned for the future. Is the problem in the audio and video format that GM works with internally, or something else? I assume there's no way to just pipe it to an existing app somehow.

It is planned. The problem is with data throughput, if I remember well ;-)

2a. In the same vein, if it does become possible to record calls, would there be a way to block recording of your calls by the other party?

Definitely no. Since you want the other party to hear&see you, they have to get audio&video from you. And they can do whatever they want with it.

Snark on #gnomemeeting