Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM over NAT problems

Le mercredi 05 janvier 2005 à 09:45 +0100, Jan De Luyck a écrit :
> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 09:33, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Le mercredi 05 janvier 2005 à 09:21 +0100, Jan De Luyck a écrit :
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > I've got a little problem connecting the audio/video stream with someone.
> > >
> > > PC B can receive the video stream of PC A, but not reverse.
> > >
> > > Setup is (typical):
> > >
> > > PC A <--> | Router A (NAT) | <-- internet --> | Router B (NAT) | <--> PC
> > >
> > > On both ends I got "Symmetric NAT" from the NAT detection in GM.
> > >
> > > Router A is set to forward these ranges to PC A:
> > >
> > > TCP 30000:30010
> > > UDP 5000:5016
> > > TCP 1720
> > > UDP 5020:5023
> > >
> > > Router B is set to forward these ranges to PC B:
> > > (less ports due to crappy router)
> > >
> > > UDP 5000:5003
> > > TCP 1720
> > > UDP 5020:5021
> >
> > There are not enough ports here.
>
> Hmm. Okay. Another question, are the gatekeeper ports needed when you're not
> using a GK, but with the above setup (NAT + STUN)? If not, i can reuse those
> ports for the RTP stream...

If you do not use the GK ports (and you do not need it), the STUN test
can report invalid results as the test can also try those ports.

If you reduce the port range, as you have done, I would say that you
need at least 8 ports for RTP over UDP. Don't forget to limit
GnomeMeeting to those ports using gconf-editor to change the value for
the ports key, or it will use ports outside of your range, resulting in
the behavior you are describing as the ports it will use are not
necessarily forwarded.