Windows Clients For Speex with Gnomemeeting - Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] netmeeting+speex+gnomemeeting-1.2.0

>>Try myphone.sourceforge.net?<<
Well, I've installed it a while on my mother's machine
- it happend to be a desaster since it caused the
WinME to crash so frequently that I wasn't even able
to vnc to the machine to kick it off. (MyPhone puts
itself into autostart) Since then I'm to blame for
each and every Windows crash on her machine :-)

I contacted the author of MyPhone- he admitted some
memory leak but didn't submit a patch or new version.
A pity since it's a nice program.

Since then I'm sticking to good old OpenPhone for my
Windows buddies. (http://www.openh323.org) OpenPhone
and the website too have some dark green patina but at
least it works for all of us. (and nobody is trying to
convince me to use Yahoo or even MSN instead of
Gnomemeeting)

Neosmt http://www.neosmt.com) could be an alternative.
It comes with a Jabber client - with some obviously
proprietary extensions for signalling.

But it works perfectly without the IM (Tools/Media
panel).

To get into contact with Gnomemeeting, this is the
only way. Neither gatekeeper settings nor the Kopete
plugin work over the IM. Neither does a Jabber
introduced H323 connection through (at least my) NAT.

But cool, Speex works.

Any other ideas for the Windows crowds?

Conrad