Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM and STUN

Le mardi 26 avril 2005 à 20:33 +0300, Jouni Lohikoski iki fi a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 07:58:52PM +0200, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > You can not use STUN and IP translation at the same time.
> > If you are using STUN, OR IP Translation, they are deactivated when
> > calling somebody on your LAN.
>
> You're right. Worked both a connection to local nets and to the outside with
> STUN enabled.
>
> Actually the GUI enables to check both STUN and IP-translation at the
> same time, but I guess it won't use it then. (I really would have to
> read that STUN rfc!)

We can see that as a limitation of the GUI. In the next release, I'll
make this alternative methods, as they are really not usable at the same
time.

I think it doesn't give a problem to have both activated though.

> This defenetly is a FAQ issue, but how it is possible to connect a GM
> client running behind a NAT firewall and which has STUN enabled?

I don't understand the question. Do you mean, how can it be reachable?
You still need to forward 1720, or it won't work.

> I see the client in ils.seconix.com, it has autoanswer on, but when
> I try to call it (callto: ...), it says "Remote host is offline"

Perhaps it really is, entries in ILS are not necessarily removed
instantly when the person exits the program (some people do not exit at
all, or register to ILS without port forwarding).

Actually, if your type of NAT is symmetric :
- you need to forward all ports
If your type of NAT is not symmetric :
- you only need to forward port 1720 to be reachable

If you want to use Netmeeting :
- you need to forward the TCP port range, in all cases.