Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: UI improvements screenshots

Le samedi 23 avril 2005 à 11:31 +0100, Chris Rankin a écrit :
> --- Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> > Please base this on the screenshots too. Notice the text chat is going
> > away and will probably be replaced by a 'contacts quick finder'.
>
> Is that wise? Text chat is quite handy for sorting out a bad connection, because it still works
> even if you can't understand a word that the person on the other end is saying.

What I mean is that it is going out of the main window.

That way :
- it will be in a separate window
- that separate window will be resizable
- it will contain tabs, because it will be possible to chat with people
even if you are not in a call with them (to ask if you can call for
example) and it will be possible to chat with several people at the same
time

For H.323 calls, it will stay as now, chat only possible when you are in
a call.

So text chat is going out of the main window, but the feature is not
removed, don't worry.