Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Can't make connection

On Sunday 15 February 2004 18:01, Dirk wrote:
> First let me say sorry about my english ;-)

I wish my German was as good <g>

> Ok, i've had the same problem after installing shorewall. The
> gonememeeting faq don't help me really.
> Shut down your firewall, start a network sniffer (e.g. Ethereal)
> and call someone with gnomemeeting.
> The output from Ethereal will show you what port's are used.

Hi, Dirk

Here I have a router/firewall which does not allow group opening of
ports, so what I have tried to do is to get shorewall running so that
in the end I will be able to move dmz to the router and rely on
shorewall for my GM session.

I have set the router to allow me dmz, and I ran service shorewall
stop, which I thought should leave me entirely unprotected for the
short time.  If you think it is a firewall issue, my friend and I
will both have to check again.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Gruss Gott (I hope I got that right :-) )

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302