Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] GM 0.98 does not detect my dsp devices

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 16:52, Ian Truelsen wrote:
> I just installed GM 0.98, but in the setup it only locates
> /dev/sound/dsp for use. I have a second audio card that is full duplex
> at /dev/dsp1. The device exists, works with the alsa driver (via82xx)
> in full duplex (cat /dev/dsp1 > dsp1 works) and it works with other
> programs.
>
> Is there some way that I can get this detected by GM? Or added manually?

Having /dev/sound/dsp and /dev/dsp1 is incoherent. The first one
indicates that you are using devfs, the second one indicates that you
are not using devfs.

I suspect the config is "like if" you were using devfs, but you are not.
An easy solution is to add a symlink in /dev/sound from /dev/dsp1 to
/dev/sound/dsp1.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org