[GnomeMeeting-list] Configuration druid

Hi,

I have a few suggestions for improvements to the configuration druid. I'm
afraid these are based on my experience with 0.96, as I haven't managed to
compile 0.98 yet (I'm trying to get Gentoo to do it, but it's not playing.)

Page 1
- This should state what GnomeMeeting is. A new user who launched GM without
any idea, will still have no idea upon reaching this page.

Page 2
- The first sentence should have its comma replaced with a full stop (grammar
problem.)
- The second sentence mentions a 'callto address' but this is then referred to
as a 'Callto URL' later in the page. One should be chosen. Does the user even
need to know this information? If so, perhaps it could be provided by
'quickhelp' (not sure what the Gnome name for these is, they're basically
large tooltips)?
- The second sentence also mentions the 'IP address.' I don't think the user
should be concerned with this.
- The third sentence states that no info is made public (etc.) but does not
state why it may or may not be desirable to make this information public.

Page 3
- Perhaps this should talk about optimal quality settings for the user's
connection speed, rather than default video settings for the user's
bandwidth.

Page 4
- Is this page necessary when a user has only one soundcard (visible to GM)
available? I get only one choice in 'Audio player' and one in 'Audio
recorder' but two choices for each mixer, which means nothing to me (I use
ALSA) and less to Joe User.

Test Audio dialog
This requires quick reactions and morphs itself into something else after a
few seconds, leaving you wondering if there was some important information
you didn't quite manage to read. What's that about a full-duplex driver?

Page 5
If I only have one video device, I don't think I should see this dialog. If
there isn't one available, perhaps I should be asked if I was expecting one
to be available, or if I wasn't, and would like to disable sending video, or
send a picture instead.

/dev/video0 is probably not a good name to present to the user.

rik without rik > grep name /proc/video/dev/video0 | sed 's/.*:\ //'
Philips 740 webcam

That's much more like it. If I have two cameras which are the same make and
model, this would have to be changed to e.g. 'Philips 740 webcam 1' (etc.) I
know that's a bit of a pain to program, but I do believe it's the right way,
usability-wise.

Page 6
Seems fine.

Page 7
Useful, but the information displayed is cryptic (as mentioned earlier) and
it's not tabulated very nicely.

Hope no-one's offended by this!

Rik