Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ratio problem with NTSC camera

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 02:16, Joćo Pedro wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
> >
> >The image is too tall. It looks like it doesn't have the normal 4:3
> >ratio. See this image where i'm holding a CD perfectly perpendicular to
> >the camera, but as you can see it's an oval not a circle:
>
> I also have a Hauppauge WinTv capture and TV/Radio card and it displayed
> the QCIF video format just fine with gnomemeeting-0.94.1-3.i386.rpm.
> I have a different camera connected to it thow,but I don't think it is

Your camera is PAL, not NTSC, right?

There are some small differences between PAL and NTSC regarding sizes;
my guess is that this is the actual "root-cause" of it.
I've seen this kind of issue before with free software: multimedia
applications developed by people living in PAL countries have problems
with NTSC streams, and vice-versa.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/