[GnomeMeeting-list] Choppy audio

I'm having audio problems with one machine.  When you test audio during setup
on this machine everything seems great but when you use it to make a call the
sound at the other end is choppy.  Only portions get through.  There are few
ifany lost or late packets.  Certainly not enough to explain the continous
sound problems.

I've also noticed that normally you can hear what your saying coming from the
speakers of the machine your using.  On this machine even this is choppy.
But as I said sound is fine during the audio test.

I've tried differant Audio codec and disabling silence detection without any
noticable effect on this problem.  We use this same machine under Windows 98
with Yahoo IM and it's voice chat features without sound quality problems.

Anyone have a suggestion what might cause this.