Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] basic questions....

hi,

Le mer 10/12/2003 à 02:14, bruce a écrit :
> hi...
>
> new to gnomemeeting.... i have a few basic questions, so i'm hoping that i
> can find my answers here...
>
> we're looking for an open source app that will allow us to hold/have web
> meetings. basically we're trying to find out if there is an application that
> provides functionality similar to WebEx. As we understand GnomeMeeting, it
> allows users to communicate over the net using voice, so it kind of
> functions as a VoIP type of app...

yes it is a VoIP/videoconferencing application.

> Has anyone looked at using the gnomemeeting app as a robust competitor to
> WebEx... What would be the pros/cons of using this app in that fashion...?

Afer a quick look at the WebEx website, I can't really tell what they
allow to do. But I think it is approximatively the same except that
their product runs in a webbrowser.

> Is it robust enough to be used in this manner...?

It should, really... I'm simulating hundreds of calls at work without
any problem.

> Does anyone know of any other app which might be used/considered to be a
> competitive app to WebEx...?

I know no open source application doing videconferencing on the web.

I don't know if my answer helps, but if you have more specific
questions, feel free to ask. WebEx is just too vague for me to be able
to answer correctly.