Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] kernel-2.4.21-rc2-ac2, quickcam.o module and gnomemeeting 0.98.0

Hi Damien:

I'm not programmer but I'm suscribed to qca-discussion group, and
video4linux discussion group, 'cause i like this world ;).
Well, may be you can ask directly to Tuukka, who recreated the module, and
is mantaining a fork.
My natural language is not english, and ( again, I'm not coder), but here
is a little explanation of what I had understand:

Seems to be that video buffers specifications ( I repeat, I'm not
programmer ) says that just one buffer may be available, but a lot of
applications expect at least 2 buffers. Tuukka uses 1 buffer and when
application expectating two buffers gets only one...bad things happen ;).
The module parameter compat=dblbfr seems to offer 2 buffers to be usable by
such type of applications, but Tukka don't like this, seems to say ' If at
least  2 buffers are necessary, documentation is wrong. If only one  1
buffer can be available, some applications that expect at least 2 buffers
by default are not complaining specifications', at least, is what i can
understand.

HTH

Regards

David Ballester

Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>@gnome.org con fecha 05/08/2003
05:21:18 p.m.

Por favor, responda a gnomemeeting-list gnome org

Enviado por:      gnomemeeting-list-admin gnome org

Destinatarios:     gnomemeeting-list gnome org
CC:

Asunto:     Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] kernel-2.4.21-rc2-ac2, quickcam.o
       module     and gnomemeeting 0.98.0

Do you have any idea what the "bug" could be?
No other modules are complaining, but the Quickcam module always had
problems with GnomeMeeting....

Thanks