Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Mesh of green dots

Le lun 13/05/2002 à 13:17, Roger Hardiman a écrit :
> Hi
>

> So you have seen the green dots too.
>
> Great. At least there are lots of us seeing the same problem.

I'm not sure that we are speaking of the same thing.
The grid of green dots is there since things were fixed in the
P64Encoder in january. This grid appear on low quality only and not only
to Netmeeting, but always. I mailed Derek about that in january this
year and the conclusion was that it was "normal".

When you decrease the quality to lets say 1% (setting 31 in ohphone
iirc), the picture will be full of green dots. With old versions of
OpenH323 (before january), the behavior was that the image was divided
into squares of bad quality, but there were no green dots. Now the image
is of very good quality, except that you have a grid of green dots.
With the old behavior, the bandwidth usage decreased a lot on low
quality, but with the new behavior it doesn't change a lot.

I remember I sent screenshots to Derek and to Equivalence, and I think
that Derek told me that it appeared after having fixed a bug in
P64Encoder... That is all I remember, it was 5 months ago :-)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/