Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Gnomemeeting and firewall rules?

On 5 Mar 2002, Jeffrey Bell wrote:

> What is everybody else doing with reguards to gm behind a firewall?

I'm doing pretty much the same thing.  The only thing is, although I'm
running 2.4.17 on the NAT box, I shoehorned the (for 2.4.13)
newnat-suite from http://www.kfki.hu/%7Ekadlec/sw/netfilter/newnat-suite.
Mainly as I didn't know there *was* a CVS lurking around with something
newer.  :-)

In any case, I have basically the identical entries such as:

$IPTABLES -A PREROUTING -i $GATEWAY -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1720 -j DNAT
--to-destination athena

One difference might be that I'm not summarily DROPping ports above 1023,
but only selected ones.

If memory serves, net/gnomemeeting uses the following:

 389/TCP     ILS
 522/TCP     ULS
1503/TCP     T.120
1720/TCP     H.323 & H.225 (video and call setup)
1731/TCP     Audio
 Dyn/TCP     H.245
 Dyn/UDP     RTCP/RTP

Thus you may need to check and open a hole for 1731...

--

-Jonathan <davis jdhouse org>