Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problems

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Damien Sandras wrote:

> > I installed ALSA and all seems to be OK. If I run lsmod I can see the modules I
> > specified in /etc/modules.conf, like in the ALSA doc. Also, I told you, before
> > ALSA no sound recording application worked properly. In the kernel there is OSS
> > support, but as module.

Damien and fellow ALSA users,

I've found that XAmixer, while not finished by any means, has the controls
I needed to finally get a handle on the mic and level input control.
YMMV however. The link is on the ALSA main site or it can be directly
obtained from http://cs.alfred.edu/~lansdoct/linux/xamixer.

Also, if someone knows of a better ALSA mixer control, let me know. :-)

--

-Jonathan <davis jdhouse org>