[GnomeMeeting-list] Re: netPCphone

le ven 22-02-2002 à 12:43, Staroverov Alexandr a écrit :
> NetPcPhone has following buttons: digits 0-9, *, #,
> mute, redial, backspace, @ and $.
> Additionally it has scroller (in MS Messenger it used
> to scroll up and down in users list), on/off button,
> three lights (one is on/off and two other ...?) and
> bell.
> All buttons accessible through /dev/usb/hiddev0. I can
> make a correspondence table (button-code). How to
> control lights and bell (buzz) I don't know.
> NetPCphone has also Motorola MC145481DW chip and it
> should have G.711, GSM and other hardware codecs, but
> I haven't got info how to use it.
>
> Of course, it's possible to write additional
> application for netPCphone (like Silicon Portals wrote
> for MS Messenger support), but I think, that
> integration to GnomeMeeting will be the best way.
I think too. But the problem is that I wonder how we will be able to use
them. But if your hardware is detected by Linux, it means that there is
a driver, and the only driver that I know for telephony is the Quicknet
one. Perhaps your device is compatible with Quicknet cards (Can you
check if it is right?). If it is the case, then GnomeMeeting will have
support for your device soon. the next stable release will not provide
support for it, but it should be included into CVS soon.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/