Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Video problem & can't get to ftp site for 0.12

On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:05:41 -0700
Arthur Kahlich <art kahlich com> wrote:

> I do have other problems with my machine, in that right
> now I have no sound from any program.  I will be working
> on that, then I think I could hear outside calls.
>
> Other observations:
> 1. For my camera, the top 2 video settings sliders seem
> to have no effect.

those settings are in the standard Video4linux API, but some
webcams drivers don't permit to change them...

> 2. The camera occasionally starts up in a higher resolution
> mode and I only see 1/4 of its field of view in the small
> window mode.

Are u sure that your driver support 176x144 as capture size ?
Try to look about that in the doc.

> 3. It would be really useful to have a VU meter for the
> Mic input level.  You could try to put in some sort of
> AGC, but I can tell you from experience that doing a
> good one is waaay harder than it might first seem.

Yes, if somebody wants to implement it, let's go...

PS: linuxzone.ath.cx is my personnal computer, it is shutdown during the WE.
And 0.12 is not ready, it is the CVS version that you can find on linuxzone.