Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Again: STUN

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 02:56:14 -0800
Dan Sandberg <x cs stanford edu> wrote:

> On a related note, why does Ekiga say "User is not acceptable" ( or
> what not ) rather than "STUN server down.  Specify an alternate."
> Sure would've saved me a good deal of frustration.  "User is not
> acceptable" is about as meaningful as "User sucks" to my ears. :)

The result "Blocked" is the result of getting no answer from the STUN
server.

You get no answer when your firewall blocks, and you get no answer when
the STUN server is down. Ekiga can't determinate if the STUN server is
down, that's impossible in STUN protocol.

J.

--
Live as if your were to die tomorrow.
Learn as if you were to live forever.