Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [WIN32 build] Patching vfw

Hi Julien,

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 09:22, Julien PUYDT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> among the files I need to cross-compile pwlib, there is a patch to vfw,
> which removes a few defines... that I put there when I did the original
> port, with native compilation.
>
> Now the question is :
> - do I need to remove those defines because I'm cross-compiling, but
> they're still necessary if native-compiling ?
> - or do I need to remove those defines because more recent versions of
> mingw don't need them anymore ?

The second case is true. The VFW Api has been included in Mings Windows
headers and you get lots of redefinition warnings also when doing an MSys
build. And there is a real show stopper, in
BOOL VFWAPI capGetDriverDescriptionA (WORD wDriverIndex, LPSTR lpszName,
              int cbName, LPSTR lpszVer, int cbVer);
it should be UINT wDriverIndex. This produces the error. So its basic C.

> In the second case, the patch could certainly be applied upstream. So
> please speak up if you compile with mingw on win32, and need that patch!
>
> Snark
>
> PS: getting it outside of the too huge "win32 build issues thread".

I think that a bit more can be removed than done by your patch. If it helps I
can try on Windows this evening and check what can be removed whitout doing
any harm.
Regards
Michael