Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Ekiga with notebook

> Le samedi 04 février 2006 à 14:25 +0100, Hannes Ebner a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Damien Sandras wrote:
> > > - if your IP change, it will update all accounts
> >
> > the interface is also interesting.
> >
> > At home I use eth0, on the way it is either wlan0 or ppp0. I have to
> > change this setting everytime I start up Ekiga or resume the laptop.
> > That's pretty annoying, because I also have to manually re-register all
> > accounts after changing the interface.
> >
> > Would it be possible to include functionality (perhaps bound to a
> > checkbox in the preferences) to let Ekiga always listen on the interface
> > from which the default gateway is reached?
> >

> I don't see how I could code that actually...

I think that and the power management side of things could be achieved
through dbus signals from applications such as gnome-power-manager for
the uspend/resume stuff and probably NetworkManager for the network
stuff.... only at a guess but it seems that that is the whole idea of
dbus and those two apps!

Pete