Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] selecting output device - bug?

Damien Sandras (dsandras seconix com) wrote:

> For the same reason, it is using other ports.

OK, clear.

> > NAT STUN test reports either Cone NAT or Port restricted NAT.
> It should be ok.

Fine.

> > I jsut emerged ethereal - can it help me in debugging?
> >

> yes, look if you receive incoming audio.

I hav two small capture files - one when using headset and hearing
nothing and another when using speaker (as output device) and recording
shor message (dialup #3).

May I send the archive (~170K) to you for inspection?

> You can also see that in the gnomemeeting status bar. If you see
> A:something/somethingelse and that something is different from 0, then
> you are sending and receiving audio.  If you hear nothing, that is a
> headset problem. If you see 0, then it is not a headset problem but a
> NAT problem.

This is very helpful info. Let me try...

I'm happily reporting that in both cases, I have A:something/something
where 'something' <> 0, so the conclusion is that is it a headset
problem, but taking into consideration that headset passes druid test,
it looks it is GM-oriented problem.

Yesterday, I was looking at the GM-code when Johnny said it could be a
problem with GM & selecting device, but I cannot find anything :-(

Any hint?

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. I'd like Johnny to step in and say a word ;)

--
Registered Linux User	| #278493
GPG Public Key		| 8C44EDCD