Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Translation of GM Manual

Am Samstag, 5. Februar 2005 14:24 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Hi Martin,
>
> > The English and French version of the manual I saw in the CVS where in
> > *.XML. Any special editor and/or tool which you recommend for the work?
>
> I have used vim :)

Another possibility is to use po files as an intermediate step:

Get the gnomemeeting.xml, convert it to pot format (xml2pot is part of
gnome-doc-utils)
$> xml2pot gnomemeeting.xml > gnomemeeting_help.pot
$> cp gnomemeeting_help.pot de_help.po

Use your favourite po editor for translation, mine is kbabel
Merge the po file back into the xml file
$> po2xml gnomemeeting.xml de_help.po > de.xml

Send the de.xml to Damien ...

Keep the de_help.po file, you can merge it if the gnomemeeting xml file is
updated:
$> xml2pot new_gnomemeeting.xml > new_gnomemeeting_help.pot
$> msgmerge de_help.po new_gnomemeeting_help.pot > new_de_help.po

The advantage is that if the original xml file is changed, the existing
translation can be easily merged.

I have put a first translation (23 of 169 messages translated, but the
wordcount is much worse) under:
http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/de_help.po.bz2
You can use this as a starting point.

Greetings,

Stefan

PS: Martin, can you upload you PGP key to a keyserver?

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/