[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] /dsp and /mixer problems in GM .99

I don't know who I should address this to, but I'm having a
problem with GM .99. It can't open /dev/dsp or /dev/mixer.
The system is Red Hat 9 with Ximian gnome and the RPM's on
Johny's site for 12/24/03

GM .98.5 has no problem opening the devices nor do any other
programs that use them.

It would seem to be a permission problem because when I run
GM from root, it works ok. However, I have set the permissions
on /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer world readable and writeable and
GM .99 still says it can't open them. At times it says it can
open them, but can't write to them.

I don't know what else to do, and as I said, GM .98.5 doesn't
exhibit this problem.

Thanks,
George