Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] The latest GM RPM's from Johnny's site.

Damien,

I've not used an IXJ driver on Windows or Linux for over six months, so
I am afraid I have no useful suggestions on this.

I was always uncomfortable with the Yield as a fix for the driver
problem but as I had no better suggestion, and it certainly did seem
to work, I was happy to go with it.

   Craig

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:00:10 +0100
Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

> Le lun 02/02/2004 à 09:48, George a écrit :
> > Yes Damien, with microtelco, it is definitely a problem in the code
> > because I backed up to the previous version and it works ok again.
> >

> Are you using RedHat 9 ?
> If so, I know what the problem is .
>
> A while ago, Derek, author of the nixj driver, added a call to Yield ()
> in the function that signals a Mutex () so that the driver works again
> with NTPL provided on RH 9. That fixed the problem.
>
> However, the recent upgrade to the 2.6 kernel prohibits to use
> sched_yield () in such a circumstance and it was removed because it
> makes OpenH323 programs unusable with the 2.6 kernel under load. The
> Yield () call was thus removed and the problems of the nixj/ixj driver
> on RH is back.
>
> Derek, Craig, can you comment on this?
> --
>  _      Damien Sandras
> (o-
> //\     It-Optics s.a.
> v_/_    GnomeMeeting: http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
>         FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org
>         H.323 phone:  callto:ils.seconix.com/dsandras seconix com

 Craig Southeren, craigs postincrement com http://www.postincrement.com
 Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services
 Co-founder of the only open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 GnuPG Public Key:  http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:              http://www.southeren.com/blog/