Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Skype vs. GnomeMeeting

Am Montag, 22. September 2003 14:50 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> Le lun 22/09/2003 ŕ 14:42, Matthias Redlich a écrit :
> > "Is Skype available for Mac OS, Linux, Palm OS, Pocket PC..?
> > Currently, Skype is only available for Windows 2000 and XP. Stay tuned
> > for more information about other platforms."
> >
> > That's why we should think about implementing it in GnomeMeeting or not.
>
> By reverse-engineering it?
>
> > Basically I think that their idea with P2P and IP telephony is very
> > good. Furthermore it seems to be very easy to use. (works behind NAT
> > without any problems, for instance) Thus Skype seems to be quite
> > innovative.
>
> We should really investigate a bit more about what they mean by P2P. For
> me, GM already is P2P.

I think the point is that they are using p2p for the proxies and directory
servers, making it sort of fail save and number of client agnostic.

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/