Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Important !

Hello again,

I forgot to tell : I won't commit to CVS new changes until this has been
confirmed to work. Those changes are dangerous and need careful testing
everyday. If the tests arrive in 1 month, then I will wait 1 month
before coding again because it would be too hard to debug in case of
problem when the code has changed a lot.

Le dim 16/11/2003 à 22:47, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Hello to all of you who are testing,
>

> I have done big changes today. Big changes mean changes that could
> completely break GnomeMeeting. That is why I need your help...
>
> What has changed (please somebody update the wiki) :
> - The way video is managed, it is a bit better now. Things to test are
> doing calls with and without preview enabled, but also exiting during
> calls done with and without preview enabled.
>
> - The devices gconf keys. They have been reorganized. If you want to get
> rid of the old keys, here is what you have to do :
> 	As root: gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean-schemas
> 	         gnomemeeting-config-tool --install-schemas
> 	As user: gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean
>
> Then you can open gconf-editor and check the new structure below the
> devices key.
>
> Everything could be broken from this. There are lots of tests to do, for
> example : changing the audio and video plugins during a call, same for
> the devices and for the devices options (you have the audio and video
> devices to test). Check that you can change all devices options, that
> they all have the required effect adn that they do not make appear new
> keys that are not in the original schema (ie 2 keys for the video size
> for example).
>
> Who will test that? Johnny? Kilian? Fabrice? Who else? That needs to be
> tested this week. That doesn't take much time, just change the values,
> during calls, when not in a call, see if they are applied and check that
> no otehr keys appear in gconf-editor, gnomemeeting/devices section. If
> they appear, that means I have made a mistake somewhere...
>
> Thanks
>

> PS: I need confirmation of people who will test. Please mail me
> privately about that.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org