[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Speex

Dear Damien,

 || On 22 Dec 2002 14:48:33 +0100
 || Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:

 ds> It is with attention that I read regularly Brave GNU world to see
 ds> what happens in the GNU world.

I am very glad to hear that.

 ds> I read your article about Speex and I was very disappointed to
 ds> see that there was not a single word about GnomeMeeting despite
 ds> the fact that Speex is supported since several months now in
 ds> GnomeMeeting. GnomeMeeting is not simply a videoconferencing
 ds> application, but it is also a very complete VOIP application, and
 ds> Speex is one of the supported codecs.

I am sorry that this left you disappointed, but the features are
largely determined by what the authors tell me about their projects
themselves; also since I want to give an impression of the project
From the view of the authors.

Since the people working on Speex hadn't really spoken about
GnomeMeeting, IIRC, it didn't appear in the Speex feature.

But I think GnomeMeeting sounds quite interesting, so it might be even
better to do a full feature on GnomeMeeting instead of merely having a
side note within a Speex feature.

If you are interested in this, you'll find the Brave GNU World
standard questions attached to this mail - just fill them out and mail
them back to me, that is really all I need from you.

Regards and Merry Christmas,
Georg

Brave GNU World standard questions:
-----------------------------------

INTRODUCTION:

 These are the standard questions for the Brave GNU World column that
 can be found online at http://brave-gnu-world.org.

 It has become customary to fill out these questions and mail them
 back to <column gnu org> in order to give me a good
 feeling/impression about a project. This also applies to
 non-technical projects, btw.

 Please feel free to be as verbose as you want as more information
 will allow me to gain a more complete picture which I can then use to
 write a more complete feature.

QUESTIONS:

 * What is it?

 * Who would use it?

 * Why would they use it instead of similar projects?

 * (Programming) language used in this project?

 * Special features/strengths?

 * Special problems?

 * Who is working on it?

 * History of the project?

 * Why did the project start?

 * Current status of the project?

 * Plans for the close and distant future?

 * Do you need help? If so: of what kind?

 * Interesting/fun stories that might juice up the story?

 * Website/FTP addresses?

 * License?!

 * Standard documents to read in this context?

 * Anything you would like to see mentioned?

 * Answer to a question I forgot?

NOTE:

 Everything you want me to read should be sent to me by
 mail because very often I will take my mail with me and
 read it where I don't have access to the net.
--
Georg C. F. Greve                           <greve brave-gnu-world org>
Brave GNU World	                           (http://brave-gnu-world.org)