Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New feature - controlling the calls (allow/deny)

It seems we agree on most things except a few ones :)

Le jeu 05/12/2002 à 23:31, Matthias Redlich a écrit :

> OK, here we go. My proposal would have just two list: reject list,
> accept list. Thus you can have two basic configurations/policies:

That is equivalent to my friends/reject lists.

> 1. accept all calls: with this configuration all calls are accepted. You
> just have to add the users you want to avoid to the reject-list. I would
> propose to use this as the default configuration because newbies
> wouldn't have to change anything to use GM.

That is equivalent to my "Normal" mode.

> 2. reject all calls: with this configuration all calls are rejected by
> default. You have to add your friends to the accept-list to allow them
> to call you. Nobody except of your friends would disturb you.

That is equivalent to my "Friends only" mode.

> As you can see, this filter is easy to configure but can become quite
> powerful if you have a lot of rules. In my opinion it is easy for
> newbies to understand this method, otherwise they don't have to touch
> it.
> Damien mentioned that he also wants to differ between "auto-answer" and
> popup-message. This could also be realised with a second option in the
> accept rules, for instance.
> The accept rule could look like this:
> damien auto-answer
> matthias popup
> matti auto-answer

There is no easy way with that method to be in Do Not Disturb for
everybody, only to be in Do Not Disturb for everybody *but* friends
(equivalent to my "Friends only" mode). And there is no easy way to be
in auto-answer for all your friends (Free to chat in IM's). Those are my
only additions to your method. Also, I do not introduce a different
behavior popup/auto-answer for each user, I don't think it is useful.