Re: DW (was: Re: [gnome-women] Getting a Web Site Up & Logo Contest status)

On 09/08/2005, at 1:57 AM, Erinn Clark wrote:

One thing that doesn't work for D-W is that it has become a far too
vehement site, where newbies and many women in general don't feel
comfortable posting. I would really like to see this group stay low-
key in that respect: yes, we can discuss technical issues and social
issues affecting us, but let's give people a bit of elbow-room, be
tolerant of mistakes and encourage new people.

Not to get too off-topic, but could you please avoid insulting DW on
random other lists? It'd be pretty classy of you to do that.

Erinn, I had no intention of insulting D-W at all. I simply said that there were some things that weren't working for it, and I can't be the only person to have noticed that. I've kept on trying there, and will continue to try there, but I'd really like to see it be easier for new people, for example, in this group. I don't think that's a bad thing.