From: Christian Rose [mailto:menthos gnome org]
Sent: Monday, 17 October 2005 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: localization of GNOME.org (and some other side notes)

This has been said in the past whenever web site localization was
discussed on this list, but maybe it is time to say it again: The
GNOME Project already has many hundreds of volunteer translators
involved in the GNOME Translation Project, and many of them would
probably be interested in translating the gnome.org web site as well.
However, in order to make that option attractive at all and make it
even possible to integrate with the existing translation system, the
web site translation must use the gettext PO format for translations.

Not using the gettext PO format that everything else in GNOME uses
would be a big mistake and a waste of resources in my opinion, for
that reason. You may want to seriously consider that.

Christian